OPEN HOUSE TO ADDRESS COMPLAINTS/GRIEVANCES RELATING TO INDIAN PASSPORTS, VISA, OCI AND OTHER CONSULAR SERVICES
CKGS has been awarded the Indian Passport Application Services for the Embassy of India and its Consulates in USA with effect 5 May, 2016.
It is very important that you apply on the CKGS website https://passport.in.ckgs.us and follow the process as defined.
Do not go directly to the Government of India website to fill the online application. You must go via the links on the CKGS website provided below. You will be guided to the Government of India website to fill your online form/s at the appropriate step via the CKGS website.
For USA applicants, the CKGS website has been customized so that the supplementary documents, forms are as per the requirements of the Embassy of India in USA.
The CKGS website will identify your passport category, type, duration, fees and help avoid errors. To assist you, further many forms and letters that have repetitive information will get auto populated and you only have to fill in the missing fields.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Editing of applicant's personal information WILL NOT be allowed after their applications are physically received at the CKGS Passport Application Center.
- The application will be REJECTED on technical grounds if there is a variance with information in passport.
- The rejected application will be returned back to the applicant and they will have to redo the entire process.
- Any variance in the data mentioned in the applicant's passport and that mentioned in the online application form will be the sole responsibility of the applicant and they have to ensure that the data is validated correctly before sending their application to CKGS Center. CKGS will not undertake any 'Edits' in the applications.
- In these cases, CKGS Service fee, convenience fee (bank charges for online payment) and any shipping fee purchased through CKGS will be non-refundable (which will be used to ship back the application to the applicant).
- It is absolutely necessary to use your Recent Original Indian Passport details whilst filling your Passport Application.
- Information on the government online passport application form, your existing passport and all supplementary forms must be identical.
- In the Nationality Verification Form, you must ensure that your details are exactly identical to the details in your Recent Original Indian Passport & online passport application form, unless there is a change required (requested).
- To change your personal details, you must select the appropriate options under Miscellaneous Services at CKGS website
CKGS Website is best viewed in Internet Explorer 9.x or higher,
Mozilla Firefox®35.x or higher,
Safari 5.1 or higher,
Chrome 36 or higher, or an equivalent browser software.
CKGS Indian Passport
Application Center (IPAC)
1250 23rd St NW Washington,
Contact / Feedback
Click on https://passport.in.ckgs.us/feedback; you will get a reply within 24 hours.
For an existing applicant, CKGS will only be able to assist you once you provide the following information.
- Web Reference Number
- Passport Number
- Date of Birth
(888) 585 -5431
TATKAAL Passport Services
“TATKAAL’ Passport Service is an ‘Emergency’ Passport Service. All applicants (except below mentioned categories) residing in the Jurisdiction of Embassy of India, Washington DC and having valid Passport and Valid Visa Status (i.e. Visa Page/EAD/Green Card/I – 797 etc.) are eligible to apply for re-issue of Passport under Tatkaal Passport Scheme.
Following Category of applicants can not apply under Tatkaal Passport Scheme:
a). Passports Lost/ Stolen /Damaged beyond recognition
b). Renewal of Short Validity Passport (SVP)
c). Major Change in Name (cases different from minor change case)
d). Change in Sex
e). Change of Appearance
f). Change/ Correction of DoB
g). Change/ Correction of Place of birth
h). Change in Signature
i). Change of Father/ Mother name
Processing Time :
- One Working Day (excluding CKGS’s processing time), if Police Verification Report (PVR) is clear and all documents submitted are in order.
- If Police Verification Report (PVR) is not clear or pending, the processing time will be approximately 30 days or more (excluding CKGS’s processing time). In such cases, processing time depends on the availability of clear PVR form concerned authorities in India.
- In complex cases, such as adoption, application on behalf of a minor from single parent, major change in name, duplicate passport, doubtful documentation, the processing time will be approximately 30 days or more (excluding CKGS’s processing time).
- Issue of passport is subject to provisions of Passport Act 1967 and relevant rules/regulations and no adverse report. The final authority for the issuance of passport under the Tatkaal scheme lies with Embassy of India, Washington DC and no claim for reimbursement of fees will be entertained.
- No bookings or travel arrangements should be confirmed until a Passport decision has been made. The Embassy will not be responsible for any financial loss of bookings made in anticipation of obtaining a Passport under Tatkaal Passport Scheme.
- It is a criminal offense under the Passport Act 1967 to furnish any false information or to suppress any material information with view to obtaining passport.