Bio-profile of Ambassador Arun K. Singh
(print quality photo)
Arun K. Singh joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1979 after completing his Masters Degree in Economics from Delhi University and teaching at the University for two years.
His first assignment abroad was at the Embassy of India, Moscow from 1981-1982, where he learnt Russian. Later, he served at the Indian Missions in Addis Ababa as Second Secretary from 1982-1985, and in Tokyo as First Secretary from 1985 - 1988. On returning to Delhi at the Headquarters of the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, he served as Deputy Secretary / Director dealing with East Asia and Pakistan Divisions from 1988-1991. From 1991-1993, he headed the Offices of the Foreign Secretary and the External Affairs Minister of India.
Ambassador Singh served at the Permanent Mission of India to the United Nations Office, New York from 1993-1997 as Counsellor and handled multilateral social and economic negotiations. He served in the Indian Mission at Moscow again as Counsellor / Minister from 1997-2000. During his assignment in Delhi from 2000-2005, he served in the capacity of Joint Secretary dealing first with the United Nations Policy, and then Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran Divisions at the Ministry of External Affairs.
Ambassador Singh served as Ambassador of India to Israel from April 2005 to September, 2008; and then as Deputy Chief of Mission at the Embassy of India, Washington D.C from October 2008 to April 2013. Ambassador Singh served as Ambassador of India to France from April, 2013 to April, 2015. He assumed his new assignment as Ambassador of India to United States on April 30, 2015.
Ambassador Singh speaks Russian and Japanese and has some knowledge of French and Hebrew. He is married to Dr. Maina Chawla Singh; they have one daughter.
- Transcript of Media Briefing by Ambassador of India, Washington on the visit of Prime Minister to USA (June 07, 2016)
- Remarks made by Ambassador Arun K. Singh during the Signing Ceremony of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Government of India and Government of the United States to enhance co-operation on Wildlife Conservation and Combating Wildlife Trafficking.
- Video of Atlantic Council event: "Unlocking the Potential of US-India Trade" held on April 25, 2016, including remarks by Ambassador Arun K. Singh.
- Ambassador Arun K. Singh's Remarks during the Special Event featuring First Lady of the United States Ms. Michelle Obama at the World Bank titled "Let Girls Learn!" held on April 13, 2016
- Ambassador Arun K Singh's Address at 20th Wharton India Economic Forum on "Evolving India-U.S. Relations" on March 26, 2016
- Ambassador Arun K. Singh Voice of America Press Conference USA - March 11, 2016
- Ambassador Arun K. Singh at APCO Worldwide - March 10, 2016
- Ambassador Arun K Singh's Address on "India and the APEC Opportunity" on March 1, 2016
- Speech by Ambassador Arun K. Singh at the University of Michigan on October 14, 2015 - "India and U.S.: Shaping a Partnership of the 21st century"
- Remarks by Ambassador Arun K. Singh at Atlantic Council event: Diplomacy Beyond the Nation-State: The Megacity Challenge
- PRESS RELEASE - Visit of Ambassador Arun K. Singh to Chicago, IL August 27-28, 2015
- TV Asia USA interview: Face to Face with Indian Ambassador Arun K. Singh .
- Welcome Reception to Indian Ambassador Arun K. Singh by the Indian American Community of New Jersey.
- Ambassador Arun K. Singh's Message on 69th Independence Day of India.
- Statement by Senator Cory Booker on contribution by Indian American Community, Indian investments and forthcoming visit of Ambassador to New Jersey
- Press Release - Congressional Reception by Senate Caucus on India and Indian Americans in honour of Ambassador Arun K. Singh
- Joint Op-ed by Ambassador of India to US and Ambassador of US to India: India And The U.S. Partnering To Shape The 21st Century
- Op-ed by Ambassador Arun K. Singh in The Hill: Companies in India create thousands of US jobs
- Press Release - Ambassador Speech at CEIP-CII Event on "The Future of India-U.S. Partnership, Ten Years After the Civil Nuclear Cooperation Initiative" on 13th July 2015
- Ambassador Arun K. Singh's Message On 'International Day of Yoga'
- Address by Ambassador Arun K. Singh at the Asia Society - India under Modi: One Year
- Press Release - The House Foreign Affairs Committee, in association with Congressional Caucus on India and Indian Americans organized a Congressional Reception to welcome Ambassador Arun K. Singh on his taking over as India's Ambassador to the United States at the Capitol Hill on June 10
- Press Release - Ambassador Mr Arun K. Singh presented his credentials to U. S. President Mr. Barack H. Obama
- Press Release - For Immediate Release - International Day of UN Peacekeepers
- Press Release - For Immediate Release - Indian Embassy in Washington Organizes a Talk by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on 'Relevance of Yoga in Modern Life' as a curtain raiser to celebrate First International Day of Yoga
- Speech by Ambassador Arun K. Singh at the Welcome Reception organized by USIBC in Washington, DC on May 6, 2015